Labels

albino (2) aspergers (10) awkward (6) Bearded dragon (6) beer (1) behavior (14) bettas (1) biology (3) boa (4) breeding (16) burmese (3) butchered (3) chihuahua (17) childless (1) chili (15) consumerism (2) cornsnake (1) crazy (7) cynical (14) dogs (9) ducks (1) dumpster diving (2) eggs (7) Fabuland (2) faceblindness (1) fail (13) flowers (2) food (1) freegan (2) frogs (1) frugal (2) funny (16) gecko (2) gratitude (1) hypo (1) iguana (4) insects (4) kids (1) kingsnake (1) lego (3) meerkats (1) molt (1) narcissism (2) nigrita (1) orange (2) pictures (2) plants (2) pools (1) public school (1) quotes (9) rosy boa (2) salvator (4) selfie (1) snake (9) snakes (4) Spider (2) sushi (1) tarantula (2) technology (1) tortoise (1) training (12) trains (1) tree (1) turtles (1) upland (7) varanus (6) water monitor (6) xmas (1)

Thursday, July 1, 2010

friggin wierdos

I find it odd that I keep finding myself writing about nutso people.

For the most part, I just want to be left alone. I have a small group of people I really enjoy and everyone else I try and simply stay civil with. I don't want to bother a soul.

apparently that's not how a lot of people function.

They can't be civil, they can't ignore, they can't walk away. And when I try and do those things to them, it makes them come back with a vengeance. I just want to be like...seriously? seriously? We are adults...go pound sand.

The idea of revenge and getting back at people just never has really done anything for me. Sure its a good movie plot...but that's about it. Som'one and I don't get along, my first instinct is to avoid avoid avoid and be as pleasant as I can when I can't avoid. When som'one has wronged me, I form whatever opinion Iam going to form and then I move on. Getting back at them never even crosses my mind.

I can write som'one off my list and never think about them again. Tho I have read that this is yet another aspy trait so the idea of normal people adopting this practice is fantasy I suppose.

I guess me learning to navigate this social world will be a lifetime of learning, and learning to manipulate it to my advantage may be even further off. The only safe option is to block out all new people who could become a potential hazard later, but that still leaves things like going out into public, or things I can't control, like who I work with, and who comes into my work etc.

I do know I haven't had to use my pepper spray yet, so I must be doing som'thing at least half right

No comments:

Post a Comment