Labels

albino (2) aspergers (10) awkward (6) Bearded dragon (6) beer (1) behavior (14) bettas (1) biology (3) boa (4) breeding (16) burmese (3) butchered (3) chihuahua (17) childless (1) chili (15) consumerism (2) cornsnake (1) crazy (7) cynical (14) dogs (9) ducks (1) dumpster diving (2) eggs (7) Fabuland (2) faceblindness (1) fail (13) flowers (2) food (1) freegan (2) frogs (1) frugal (2) funny (16) gecko (2) gratitude (1) hypo (1) iguana (4) insects (4) kids (1) kingsnake (1) lego (3) meerkats (1) molt (1) narcissism (2) nigrita (1) orange (2) pictures (2) plants (2) pools (1) public school (1) quotes (9) rosy boa (2) salvator (4) selfie (1) snake (9) snakes (4) Spider (2) sushi (1) tarantula (2) technology (1) tortoise (1) training (12) trains (1) tree (1) turtles (1) upland (7) varanus (6) water monitor (6) xmas (1)

Monday, June 28, 2010

I just don't get the dishonesty.

Iam really losing faith in humans.

I mean more than I already have, ya know ;)

If you don't know the answer, just say so. If you need help or guidance, thats ok.

Have people been so shot down for ignorance that they hide any possibility of it, at all costs? I admit Iam guilty of this. When people ask what I view as an overwhelmingly stupid question, or the wrong day, I tend to be short or smartassed with them. Iam working on this, but som' of these questions make you wonder if people were exposed to anything as a kid. Not knowing the difference between a lizard and a turtle, at 40. Is scary.

Maybe its the aspergers talking. One of the traits is we can be very honest people, which is part of the reason we are seen as rude. We are so honest with ourselves that we can't understand the deception of others. We may say things inappropriate, because they are too true. I've had to learn to say nothing instead, because I can't bring myself to lie or small talk my way out of things.

When I was a kid, and a young adult, this got me into a lot of trouble. I trusted people, over and over, blindly, and now I know why, its a character trait in me.

Every time Iam lied to or deceived. Well. I just don't get it. I understand there must be an underlying motivation for it. Its just so unnatural to me that It leaves me confused. I am honest with people I know. I'd just like a bit of that in return. Maybe I should make friends with a bunch of other aspies and we can sit in a room talking AT each other.

Now that would be comedy. But at least it would be genuine.

Btw I love how spellcheck doesn't recognize aspergers. Sign of the times I guess.

3 comments:

  1. Whoever brings the megaphone wins.

    Also, I don't know what pissed you off enough to compel you to write this at three in the morning, but power to you. Writing is an excellent outlet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha, heartburn is why I was up. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. Zantec rules for heartburn.

    Ignorance is thrown around like a horrible thing, hence why I hate the word when used incorrectly, so I think people are afraid to admit they are wrong b/c many people out there laugh at and insult them when they do(again calling them ignorant and stupid in the same sentence), its like showing a sign of weakness to some I think. I like your blog btw :) It gives me something to consider. Maybe I should pick up blogging.

    ReplyDelete